Wednesday, April 29, 2009

2nd child syndrome

I have a whole folder full of Avery's ultrasound pictures tucked safely away in her baby box -- 6 weeks, 9 weeks, 12 weeks, 18 weeks, 30 weeks, 37 weeks.  I had one hanging on the refrigerator throughout my entire pregnancy. And I always had one in my purse ready to show off wherever I could. I was so proud of my little gummy bear!

This time around, the picture on this blog is all there is. Literally. There was an envelope with these 12-week originals and there was a pile from the 6-week ultrasound too. But they've all mysteriously disappeared. I didn't have a chance to show them off to anybody. Not even my mother.

I was the second child in my family. When I was pregnant with Avery, I asked my mother if I could look at my own baby book. She searched and searched and searched and finally concluded that maybe she just never made one. 

So I guess this is the way it goes. I'm so sorry Baby Bahama. It looks like you have officially contracted the second child syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment