Sunday, April 19, 2009

can I be clear on something?

I love my daughter. I love her incredibly, more uniquely than anything I've ever loved in my life. It's a love that is pure and unconditional and from the deepest part of my core. She is my biggest joy and my greatest pride. I have moments with her that are so sweet and and wonderful I want to box them up and save them forever. I can honestly say she is the best gift I have ever been given.

But like any mother, I have moments that are difficult too. Motherhood is hard. I do love it, but it's much harder than I ever thought it would be. Adjusting to being a SAHM is hard too. Wonderful, yes. But also hard. Being pregnant while raising a 6-month-old is hard too. Also wonderful. But also hard.

I try not to show my frustrations to my daughter. I don't yell at her. I don't ignore her. Even in my most annoyed state, even when I am lugging her under my arm while pushing a stroller uphill, I paint a smile on my face and kiss her forehead and tell her in my gentlest voice that I love her. 

Because I do.

2 comments:

  1. I hope this isn't a rebuttal from my post below... I'm really sorry if I sounded like I was being insensitive. Of course you love your daughter... It shows a million times over! I wish my heart could show through via the text on the screen. Hang in there, and yes, vent away... I think it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are better than me! When K yells, sometimes I yell too... that way I'm not yelling at him, but rather with him.

    ReplyDelete