Friday, April 17, 2009

thump-thump-thump-thump-thump

Today was my 12-week appointment and I heard the heartbeat of my new little miracle. I don't know that I truly believed it was in there until I actually heard it for myself. Yup, it's definitely in there.

Avery was so good. We had to wait a little while and she smiled and giggled and played peek-a-boo with everyone who walked by. She was the hit of the office. I think my little social butterfly thought we were at Disney World. 

One woman smiled at me before she left and told me to be sure to enjoy her. I smiled back. And inside something clicked. I think I've been forgetting to do that lately. I've been so caught up in schedules and sleep patterns and stupid nap training that I've been making us both crazy. Neither one of us have been able to enjoy anything.

Who knew enjoying my beautiful baby girl would be such a hard thing to figure out how to do??? I never dreamed that it would take any actual effort. I know I'm a control freak but I never knew that that would be such an impossible fit with motherhood. I should have left that one behind in the delivery room. The two just don't go hand in hand. 

So I am going to stop. I am going to let Avery just be Avery. If she sleeps, she sleeps. And if she doesn't, then oh well. Life will go on. We have too much to enjoy together. 

Who knows, maybe I'll get it right next time around.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE getting it right. What a great post. I think far too often we all forget just to sit back and enjoy (especially those of us who are control freaks)! Thanks for the reminder. :) And congrats on the great appt!

    ~lovelifeinthesouth

    ReplyDelete