Thursday, November 5, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!!!!

Welcome my beautiful boy Tyler Jacob!!! November 4, 2009, 12:48am, 8lbs 5oz 21 inches

On Tuesday morning I took Avery to a sing-along at the library and then to the park with a friend. It was a very normal day. I had given up on trying to get this baby to come and accepted that I would just be pregnant forever.

By the time I got home from the park and fed Avery lunch I started to feel really crampy. Around 2:00 I was changing her diaper and had to call for Phil because the contraction was hard enough that I couldn't stand up at the changing table. I knew this was something -- finally!

I still didn't want to call our "people" because I was so worried it was false labor. My sister-in-law finally came at 4:00 to pick up Avery, and Phil and I cleaned up the house and got everything ready. I tried to relax but the contractions picked up and we decided it was time to go!

The car ride wasn't so bad. The contractions were coming 5 minutes apart. It was a beautiful clear night with a near full moon. I wanted to remember everything and made Phil pull over and take a picture!

Got to the hospital around 6:30 and was very pleased to find out I was 4-6cm considering my cervix was still closed as of Monday. From then until midnight my labor was wonderful. I actually really enjoyed it and kept saying how much easier it was than Avery's labor. I spent a lot of time in the tub and it was like being at a spa. I loved it. The contractions were painful but nothing I couldn't handle. I never got the epi. Phil was an awesome coach and reminded me through every contraction that I was doing a great job and it would be over soon.

My midwife checked me again at 12:30 and I was a 7. This is when things got crazy. My water broke and then everything just started happening SO FAST. I went from a 7 to a 10 in less than 15 minutes. The contractions were right on top of each other and I thought I was going to die. Lots of screaming. Then I had the sudden urge to push and nobody was ready. They kept telling me to wait but I couldn't help it. Three pushes later he was born!!! This was at 12:48am.

The cord was wrapped tightly around his neck and he was blue and not crying. I swear he opened his eyes and looked at me though so I never felt scared. I knew he was going to be ok. They had to take him away (just to the other side of the room -- I could still see him) and I still didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. I thought I saw a little "pecker" (as my grandma would say) as they took him away. And then Phil yelled, "It's a boy!!!" That moment was so incredible. Everyone in the room stayed very calm so I had no idea what was going on. Phil saw everything though and was scared to death.

Anyway little Tyler is perfectly fine now. He is sleeping away so peacefully. He has a full head of dark hair and looks so much like Avery did as a newborn. I am so in love all over again. Avery is coming to visit around 11 and I am so excited for her to meet her baby brother!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, how precious and what a beautiful birth story! Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete