Thursday, November 19, 2009

how to take them to the doctor's today???

We have an appt to re-check Avery's ear this morning. I'm glad because the poor thing just came off antibiotics and is sick again!!! Anyway I'm on my own here so will have to take both kids myself. Should I:

a. Avery in the maclaren, Ty in the ergo -- if Avery gets upset (which she often does at the doctors) it might be hard for me to hold her if he is on my chest
b. Ty in the snap&go, Avery holding my hand & carry her if she runs off -- she definitely might run off
c. double stroller -- pain to get in and out of the car, will take up the whole examining room

These are the kind of logistics that are hard to figure out with 2 under 2!!

ugh and here is my next dilemma -- he is due to eat at some point around our appt time. I could either wake him and feed him right now before we leave or hope for the best and try to get home before he gets hungry. I think it will be hard to feed him there if Avery is screaming adn throwing a tantrum.

2 hours later...

Well, I went with the snap-n-go. I realized I wasn't going to have time to feed him before I left so we just left a little early instead. That gave me just enough time to feed him in the waiting room. Unfortunately he ate too fast and then threw up all over himself and me. Some dumb guy in the waiting room kept telling me what a spitty baby I have.

Avery did fine until I had the nurse look at her diaper rash and she thought she was getting a shot. She freaked out and didn't stop freaking out until we got in the car so I ended up having to carry her out of there. Ty was screaming too. Big old screamfest. And she did take off in the parking lot as predicted.

Oh well, it's done and we all survived. Is it too early for my glass of wine?

3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! But, you made it home intact. That's cause for celebration, right there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will all come together, after awhile. You'll be an old pro before you know it. Hang in there, you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that despite the hecticity ( its my new word for mommies with more than one kid :~) I hope Avery feels better! We all deserve to be pampered and enjoy some good food and drink! You are doing a great job and I'm proud of you. Thank you for sharing your world w/ people like us! Hope you get a chance at some point to check out our family blog :)

    ReplyDelete