Wednesday, November 18, 2009

a day in the life

I am on my own tonight. Bedtime was challenging. I put Ty in the bassinet and wheeled him from the bathroom for Avery's bath to the nursery to get her in her jammies. He started crying so I tried putting him in his crib instead and was trying to get him to take the paci. Then I realized I had left Avery on the changing table alone!!!! OMG I have NEVER done that before. I feel like the worst mom ever. Thank GOD she was so concerned about her brother that she stayed totally still. Usually I am wrestling her while she is trying to climb or roll off. I don't know what I would have done if she had fallen off the changing table.

This is the second huge safety mistake I've made since Ty was born. The first was when I left the gate open at the top of the stairs and Avery climbed half-way down on her own. I don't know what my problem is (sleep-deprivation maybe??) but it really needs to stop.

This is the first time I've sat still all day long. Both babies are sleeping and everyone survived the day. I am having wine and cookie dough for dinner. I feel like I deserve it today.

2 comments:

  1. That dinner sounds awesome. Don't be too hard on yourself. Here's a link of other sleep-deprived mom mistakes that will make you laugh (read the comments): http://www.alphamom.com/postpartum-mom/2009/11/this_is_your_brain_on_new_moth.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like sleep deprivation to me. Don't be so hard on yourself. I remember my sleep deprivation being the worst ever when we went from 1 to 2 kids. It's hard to get in enough rest for yourself when you have two that probably don't nap at the same times for you to get in a nap as well. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete