Friday, November 13, 2009

Dear Tyler -- 9 days old

Dear Tyler,

You are 9 days old today. You are the most beautiful, sweetest, most cuddliest little boy I have ever known. I fall more in love with you every minute. I apologize in advance if this letter turns out to be short. I've been writing it to you in my head for a few days now. But life with two babies is busy and your mama is one tired lady.

So I'll just tell you about my favorite part of the day. Naptime. Your sister has been napping better than ever since we brought you home (thanks to bribery and dairy-free cookies.) And her naptime is our naptime. I get you undressed to your diaper, lie you on my chest and wrap you up in my bathrobe. I put my hand against your back and plant little kisses on your tiny face. You love the warmth of me. We get comfy on the couch together and turn out the lights and just hang out. It is the one time of the day that I stop everything. I don't answer the phone or the door. I don't do dishes or laundry or dust. I don't get out my computer. We just spend time being together. I love watching your tiny little arm stretched out across me. I love your funny little expressions while you sleep. And I love listening to you breathe. There is nothing better.

When I was pregnant with you, I was scared. Not scared of losing you like I was with your sister. I was scared of having you. I didn't know how I would ever manage life with two babies. How would I take care of you both? Feed you both? Love you both? I was sure I would lose myself in the process.

Well little man, you've surprised me. None of those things turned out to be scary at all. No, sweetie, they've been wonderful. I never knew how much I wanted you until you got here. And now I couldn't imagine life without you. You have given me a whole new perspective. You have taught me to slow down and enjoy the moment. You have reminded me how to take one day at a time. You have forced me to breathe.

You are one special little boy. I love you so much.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how children "ground" us and we FINALLY realize what is important. Take the time to enjoy and bond with your babies. They will be grown before you know it. Praying for you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how sweet. Makes me want another!

    ReplyDelete