Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I love my little girl

My little girl was sick today -- fever of 103.5. It took a high fever for me to realize what a wonderful, beautiful blessing she really is. The hitting and the food throwing and the whining are not what really matters. They are just part of growing up. What matters is that she is my child and I love her more than anything.

I just spent the last 30 minutes rocking her in the glider. I haven't done that in many many months. She's always too active and too busy. And let's be honest here, I'm always too busy too. Too busy doing the dishes or cleaning the kitchen or checking my email or whatever else I have on my to-do list.

What I sometimes forget is that she and her brother are at the TOP of my to-do list. Not bathing them or feeding them or washing their clothes. But loving them. Just BEING with them. That's what being a real mother is all about.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post because it sometimes takes our kids being sick to really appreciate all that we do have. It truly could be worse. I admire you for being real and posting your feelings and asking for advice. You'll make it, you already are making it! Happy New Year and hope Avery is feeling better and you all get shielded from it.

    ReplyDelete