Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dear Avery -- 10.5 weeks old


Dear Avery,

You are not the baby anymore. That's right -- your LITTLE cousin, Hadley Isabel, arrived on Sunday. I am beyond excited that she's here and she's healthy and she's A GIRL!!!!! Don't tell Auntie Shannon or Uncle Craig, but all of my fingers and toes were crossed for a girl! You don't know it yet but I think you're happy about this too.

I have so many dreams for you, sweet Avery. I think that's what mommies do -- they dream for their babies since their babies are too young to do it for themselves. 

And now I can dream for you and Hadley together. That you will grow up as cousins, best friends and "sisters." That you'll share dolls and clothes and shoes and make-up and bows. That you'll trade good laughs and good cries and all of your deepest darkest secrets. You're going to have so much fun growing up together! I just know it.

Let's just hope you don't share boyfriends.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment