Tuesday, January 5, 2010

tell me I am doing the right thing

I can't leave Avery with a random babysitter in Aruba. I just can't do it. If she were older and could tell us what happened maybe I could. But she's too young. It's a really nice resort and I'm sure the babysitting staff is great. But you just never know. What if somebody god forbid touched her. Or abducted her. Or yelled at her. I just can't do it. And there is just NO WAY she would let somebody else that she doesn't know put her to bed. It would be a total nightmare.

Phil and I haven't had a chance to fully talk about it yet and I hope he doesn't hate me for changing my mind. I'm hoping we can get a credit for the plane ticket and use it in March when we take the kids to Georgia. I also hope my in-laws are ok with watching both kids for a week. it's a lot and I feel bad asking them for so much. But I know they won't say no.

I'm still really upset about having to leave her. I know Tyler won't really miss us but she will. She cries when I leave her at the daycare at the gym and that's only for 2 hours. And then every time another mother comes to get their kid and she hears someone say "mama" she looks for me and then starts crying again when it isn't me. The thought of leaving her for a whole week and what that's going to do to her emotionally completely breaks my heart.

Please tell me I am doing the right thing.

2 comments:

  1. You are totally doing the right thing. She will be with her grandparents. It won't be some random adult. Deep breaths ;-) It will all be okay. You'll get a much needed vacation. I recommend calling and talking to her each night to reassure her you'll be back too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing the right thing. The beauty of her age is that she will never even remember this. This is false guilt!! You need time w/ your hubby :) She will be fine, just know this~

    ReplyDelete