Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dear Avery -- 9 months old


Dear Avery,

To my beautiful little girl girl -- I know it doesn't seem possible but I still fall more in love with you every single day. 

I brought you to the beach today. It was Nannie's 85th birthday. Daddy is sick so he stayed home. It was just me and you. And let me tell you, it was a near perfect day. 

I was a little worried about the hour long drive since we all know you're not a big fan of the car. But guess what? You slept like a perfect little angel -- both ways! Mommy remembered your lovey this time and as soon as you had that in your hands you were out. There were NO tears at all.

The weather wasn't great but you didn't care. I didn't care either. You loved the sand, loved the waves, loved the fresh cool ocean breeze and loved all the sounds and smells of the ocean. You loved all the things that I love. And of course you loved playing with your cousins all day. I think you made Nannie's whole birthday. You made my whole day too. 

I just put you to bed. After you finished your bottle you lied there on my chest cuddling into me like you always do. I love when you do that -- looking up at me with your big beautiful eyes, hanging on my every word. I told you tonight how proud I am of you, how proud I am to be your mother. I love you so much.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. That was a really sweet post! That Avery is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog today and have enjoyed your posts. I love how you write to your daughter...one day she will really prize those.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete